- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio) as well as Minitab.
- Demonstrate proficiency with warehouse and labor management systems, JDA/Red Prairie and/or Manhattan preferred.
- Must be able to effectively use a variety of time study and data collection tools.
- Must be able to effectively use AutoCAD.
- Exposure to product slotting software.
- Exposure to or use of simulation software (FlexSim preferred)
- Ability to use SQL query tools to extract data for analysis.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering. Master's Degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of Industrial Engineering or logistics/supply chain experience, preferred with consultant or a third party logistics organization or other comparable experience.
- Must have a thorough understanding of warehousing concepts and familiarity with equipment/warehouse planning.
- Must have working knowledge of warehouse value added services (i.e., kitting, sequencing and light sub-assembly).
- Thorough knowledge of material handling equipment systems and applications.
- Experience in developing customer proposals and presentations.
- Green or Black Belt certification a plus.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving capabilities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must demonstrate strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills, particularly when problems arise that may affect solution outcome and/or project schedule.
- Customer orientation
- Team player
- Must be able to work independently and concurrently on a wide range of unstructured tasks/projects and properly prioritize work, all with limited supervision or direction
- Time management and multi-tasking skills
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.