This position will be responsible for the overall supervision of the operations team including assembly, wiring, and testing at the Lawrenceville, GA facility as well as have direct responsibility for the shipping, receiving, and materials personnel. This leadership role is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the facility, which include the project schedule, priorities, and monthly delivery forecast in order to meet customer shipment deadlines and achieve full resource utilization. This individual is responsible for analyzing and evaluating the most cost effective strategies to utilize resources and ensure customer deadlines are met as well as making recommendations for continuous process improvements. This individual is responsible for quality objectives in accordance with RA, ISO, and customer-specific workmanship practices, while analyzing quality issues to formulate an action plan that helps continuously improve quality. This individual will be responsible for applying policies and procedures related to performance management, business ethics, and Environmental Health and Safety, along with setting all the day-to-day priorities. This leader is responsible for training, coaching, and the development of all team members. In addition, this individual is responsible for team resource planning such as assigning direct reports to projects, assessing staffing levels and utilization in addition to performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Identifies measurable key performance indicators (KPI), meets KPI targets, and seeks continual improvement within the team.
- Provides training and coaching to team members on processes, procedures, and technical instructions and ensures to be in compliance.
- Uses databases and spreadsheets to control inventory and project material, timekeeping and quality processes.
- Works with the Operations Manager on maintaining department expense budgets in accordance with planned workload.
- Utilizes technical skills of the team to maximize efficiency and thorough completion of hardware assembly, test, warehouse, materials, and inventory assignments.
- Reviews resources and project load to ensure resources are fully utilized while leveraging third party panel shops and other local solutions center facilities in order to be cost effective and competitive while meeting customer shipment deadlines.
- May assist with preparing and/or validating labor estimates and monitor progress towards achieving budgeted goals.
- Works with the Operations Manager and Regional Operations Program Manager to provide input and execute continuous improvement tasks in production, test, and material control processes to increase quality, efficiency, and safety.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in management (with direct reports) in a fast paced manufacturing operations environment where successful multi-tasking is required.
- Requires a four year Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or other technical degree
- Requires 3-5 years experience in the following:
- Experience in manufacturing management of: facilities, material controls and/or purchasing
- Previous experience with project management and project execution
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Overtime is often required to meet customer commitments.
- Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Previous Industrial Engineering experience in an electrical assembly environment
- Automation Solutions and Field Engineering experience would be helpful.
- Familiar with project engineering processes and methodologies.
- IFS training is preferred.
- SAP experience is preferred.
Control Products and Solutions
Supply Chain and Operations
No. of Positions:
Lawrenceville - Georgia
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).