Sodexo is an international organization whose mission is to "Improve the Quality of Daily Life for Everyone We Serve".
Sodexo Government Services has a fantastic opportunity for a highly passionate, experienced, organized, and disciplined individual with a strong commitment to serving people to join our team at The United States House of Representatives in Washington, DC as a Human Resources.
The HR Manager will be responsible for all HR functions. These functions will include payroll, benefits, labor contract, training safety.
The ideal candidate must be politically savvy in regards to verbal and written communication to high level clients and executives of The House of Representatives and Sodexo. He or she must also be highly organized and have experience supporting multi-location HR functions.
The House of Representatives is a complex collective bargaining unit contract that consists of 10 individual operations and 2 subcontractors. The operations generates a total of $18M in annual revenue and consists of 1 large newly renovated food court, three small to medium cafeterias, a newly renovated Dunkin Donuts, a newly renovated Subway, and three newly renovated convenience stores (C-stores).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing HR counsel on business initiatives
- Managing the implementation of HR plans, programs, and systems
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with Sodexo employee relations programs, Sodexo policies and procedures and Federal, State, and Local laws regarding human resources
- Maintaining records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes
- Influencing and negotiating with operators
- Counseling managers and employees regarding the impact of labor and regulatory laws (e.g., FMLA, EEO, ADA).
- Coaching and mentoring that includes developmental plans, training, resources, and opportunities
- Building and developing a robust candidate pool through recruitment and succession planning
- Ensuring compliance with diversity and inclusion metrics and scorecards
Seeking bilingual candidates; the ability to speak Spanish will assist in managing this workforce.
If you are a people person, driven by the need to help others, this HR Manager role might be a great fit! We provide a comprehensive benefits package and great training! Must have the ability to obtain a government security clearance.
Discover Sodexo Government Services here
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services
Handles all human resource functions for one or more accounts/units. May include payroll, benefits, administration of labor contracts, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Role focuses on hourly workforce. In some cases, may supervise clerical employees. Exists mostly in large or more complex units, or those with unionized workers.