As the Programmer Analyst in the Systems Architecture team, you'll be in a high-impact role. You will develop and maintain the next generation of IT applications for various business groups. This is a critical role and you will have the opportunity to develop and maintain web applications using a wide variety of technologies, data sources and platforms. In this role, you will be working closely with architects, DBAs, data engineers, customers, along with other developers. This position will report to the Manager of System Architecture for Penske Truck Leasing. Your success in this role could set you up for a number of advancement opportunities, depending on your interests and strengths.
Specifically, the rewards of this role include:
- Impact - You will be in a critical role, developing and maintaining important applications for Penske Truck Leasing.
- Pride & Stability - You'll join the Penske Truck Leasing organization supporting multiple business groups across the globe.
- Career Growth - We recognize and reward highly motivated individuals who develop their skills and use them to perform well on the job.
This exciting NEW position is located at our Corporate offices in pleasant country and suburban settings 7 miles South of Reading, PA. Our location is a convenient commute with ample free and easy parking.
- Assist multiple Architects to design new frameworks and solutions
- Review systems and present ideas for improvements
- Work closely with senior developers and internal customers to produce detailed application design
- Create project plans and timelines for yourself
- Create detailed specifications and develop application modules.
- Utilize automated code scanners to review and test code
- Work with support teams to deploy the solutions
- Maintain the application and support the customer
- Multitask development of several project modules
- Support other teams of developers with development and production issues
- Complete other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Other responsibilities may include working with Cloud Vendors, Big Data systems, Integration platforms(ESB/API Management), Agile product development.
- 3-5 years of experience in development and implementation of technical specifications for applications is required
- 1-2 years of project management (including small-to-mid scale projects) preferred, but not required
- This position may have the opportunity to work in some of the following areas :
-Languages: HTML5, CSS3, SASS, and shell scripts
-Environments: Amazon Web Services, Platform as a Service(PAAS)
-Middleware Platforms: API Management, ESB, WebSphere, JBoss, Enterprise
Portals, Enterprise Content Management and Google Search Appliance
-Access Management: LDAP, Identity Management
-Database Technologies: Greenplum, GemFire, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
and iSeries DB2
-Methodologies: Agile Project Management, Test Driven Development and
-Tools: Git, Maven, Continuous Integration, JTest, SVN, Ant, Eclipse
-Architectures/Frameworks: Angular JS, Bootstrap, jQuery, Microservice
Architecture, RESTful Web Services, Spring Framework and MyBatis
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Demonstrated experience in testing and debugging techniques is required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25/lbs12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/ 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.
People living in or near these PA locations in the Reading area have found our opportunities of interest. Wyomissing, Kutztown, Hamburg, Pottstown, Lebanon, Quakertown, Exton, Allentown, Manheim, Lancaster, King of Prussia, Millersville, Palmyra, Mt Joy, East Norriton, Bethlehem, Montgomeryville, North Wales, Wilmington, Media, Ft Washington, Horsham, Phillipsburg NJ, Harrisburg, York, Mendenhall, Philadelphia