Penske's MIS organization is seeking entry level Information Technology professionals for application development opportunities. We currently have entry level positions available for individuals that demonstrate an aptitude to learn new
technologies and with education/experience in JAVA, J2EE, Struts, JSP, HTML, or CSS.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in a 6 month classroom-based training program on Java and Web Application development before joining the development team.
This exciting position is located at our Corporate offices in a country and suburban setting 7 miles South of Reading, PA. Our location is a convenient commute with ample free and easy parking.
- Participate in all aspects of the Penske defined Software Development lifecycle through supporting existing software development efforts and developing new software modules.
- Designing backend database schemas using concepts such as Database Normalization and use JDBC to write complex SQL statements
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree-Computer Science/emphasis on Software Engineering (minor in Business preferred), Minimum GPA: 3.0 on a 4 point scale
- Coursework in Object Oriented Programming languages, JAVA preferred
- Coursework in Relational Database Design preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to work in a team environment and / or as an individual contributor are required.
- Excellent analytical skills for software development
- Understanding of object oriented concepts
- Basic understanding of SQL and RDBMS designing concepts
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Please Note: Sponsorship and Relocation Assistance are not be available for this position
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
People living in or near these PA locations in the Reading area have found our opportunities of interest. Wyomissing, Kutztown, Hamburg, Pottstown, Lebanon, Quakertown, Exton, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Breinigsville, Fogelsville, Manheim, Lancaster, King of Prussia, Millersville, Palmyra, Mt Joy, East Norriton, Bethlehem, Montgomeryville, North Wales, Wilmington, Media, Ft Washington, Horsham, Phillipsburg NJ, Harrisburg, York, Mendenhall, Philadelphia.