This position requires an individual with strong technical skills relating to the deployment of Process, and Batch solutions in the Life Science industry. The individual will need to support customers throughout the life cycle of project work. This will include providing control system architectures, detailed design, hardware and software engineering, system start-up, and customer training. The individual should have expertise in PLC coding (RSLogix5000), HMI development (FactoryTalkView SE/ME), Batch Control (FTBatch), Historian (FTHistorian), and other control system technologies. In the lead technical role an individual will be a contributing part of a project team but also responsible to direct, supervise, lead and review all assigned engineering personnel and their assigned tasks for a project. The individual will assign tasks, monitor performance, review results, coordinate efforts, and track hour usage on projects. Leading and participating in start-up assignments will also be required. Involvement with orders/projects in the range of $100K to $5M, with the quantity of orders/projects per year in the range of 1-10.
- Analyzes customer's requirements to determine the optimal process control system solution and determines applicable control configuration/architecture.
- Make recommendations for improvements and assist Project Manager to propose these to the customer.
- Performs conceptual process control systems design, determination of process control system strategy, design of assembled programming
- Participates in the design, implementation, test and startup phases of complex systems projects.
- Assist Project Manager with technical issues and determine changes which may/can have commercial/scheduling impact.
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline, Electrical Engineering, and/or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the design and implementation of PLC based batch process control systems in a Life Science, Pharmaceutical or Bio-Tech environment
- Minimum of 8 years of experience of control system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through to installation and subsequent client support
- Must have the ability to travel an average of about 25% of the time; however, travel can flex up to 50% a few times per year.
- Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment where constructive feedback from others
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Further education in engineering, computer science or project management is a plus.
- Control System Architecture Design (Client Server); including Virtual Client Server design experience preferred
- Experience with Validation, GMP, and IQ/OQ/PQ protocol execution
- Experience with RA Products hardware and software product suites (ControlLogix, Logix 5000, FT View, FTBatch, FT Historian and FT VantagePoint.)
- Working knowledge of pertinent industry concepts and standards as they pertain to manufacturing information solutions. (E.g. MESA, ISA S95, ISA-S88, B2MML, etc.)
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
San Francisco - California
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).