The Environmental, Health, & Safety Manager will be a key member of the site’s leadership team. The individual in this position will be responsible for assuring ongoing compliance with all Federal, State and Local EHS/AHJ regulations in conjunction with corporate and client guidelines. This role will initiate plans to ensure efficient and cost-effective strategies for safety and environmental performance, in addition to partnering with leadership to instill an operational excellence culture. The successful applicant will possess strong technical knowledge in environmental, health and safety compliance with facilities operations
In this role you will:
- Partner with the leadership team to develop initiatives and activities; and develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs – lagging and leading) in sustaining EHS performance excellence. Partnering with client to ensure these are in alignment with strategies, programs and plans;
- Interact with senior management, both client and Sodexo to ensure organization EHS compliance and best practice applications;
- Provide EHS related project management leadership. Partnership with maintenance, operations and support departments in the execution and analysis of project efforts. Evaluate EHS programs, provide recommendations and assist leadership to implement change;
- Participate in client Emergency Response and Business Continuity plans and activities;
- Participate in EHS related audits and provide recommendations where needed;
- Participate in regulatory visits; partner with operations to maintain all required records, permits, and documentation.
- Assist operations with EHS training/policies and facilitate required training
- Participate in Sustainability efforts (water, waste and energy)
- Integrate safety and environmental activities into the plant’s operating behavior for EHS sustainability and continuous excellence;
- Manage programs including, but not limited to: Process Safety, Air Contaminant Monitoring, Hearing Conservation, Emergency Action Plans, Respiratory Protection, LOTO, PPE, Confined Spaces, PITs, Electrical Safety, Life Safety, Ergonomics, High Hazard Work, and Accident Investigation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene; Occupational Health and Safety; Industrial Engineering, or Environmental Engineering
- 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in industrial settings;
- Possess working knowledge of Environmental compliance – air, above and underground tanks, regulated and hazardous waste; Health and Safety with a focus in Occupational Hygiene, Ergonomics and plant safety;.
- CIH or CSP certifications highly desired not required.
- Pharma background is highly desired.
- Team player and self-starter focusing on creating a collaborative, client centric and associate focused EHS program.
- Strategic thinker with strong tactical knowledge;
- Ability to influence across functional areas;
- Innovative with the agility to work in a fast pace and growing environment;
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to simplify the complex;
- Embraces diversity both in thought and experience;
Possess strong problem solving and computer skills, including Microsoft Office products. #LI
Directs the creation and implementation of all safety and loss prevention training programs. Ensures information is current and in compliance with all legal requirements. Reviews and evaluates all safety programs and recommends changes as necessary. Compiles and submits required OSHA reports. Monitors liability claims and reports on trends. Forecasts staffing and budget needs.