Contributing member of a next-generation new product development team, responsible for the design, analysis, test and integration of hardware for embedded communication and control modules. This position requires the proven ability to work with system, hardware and firmware design personnel to create project specifications and execute through the entire development cycle.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 8 years of experience in embedded hardware design.
- Demonstrated experience as a member of a project team for hardware development, including thorough attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- At least two years of experience with microprocessor or microcontroller-based embedded system design, offline switching power supply design and test, and/or analog circuit design.
- Experience with typical embedded control peripherals (ie. RAM, Flash, FPGA, SPI, I2C, UART, PWM, A/D, Ethernet/MII, CAN), typical design and test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, digital signal analyzers), and writing and executing hardware test specifications.
- Demonstrated skills in the hardware development process, including circuit simulation, component derating, hardware debug & checkout.
- Proven ability to analyze and solve complex problems which involve both hardware and firmware.
- Quick-learning self-starter who works well with a dynamic team.
- Energy metering and/or motor control experience.
- Experience with writing system and module requirements specifications.
- Mentor Graphics/Expedition schematic entry experience.
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products or other industrial control equipment.
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).