Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The director of analytics and business development would oversee all performance metrics and performance projections for Comcast's Local Media Development digital platforms, and use his or her mastery of deep data and analytics to craft internal and external business proposals, tests, pilots, product expansions and launches in accordance with business needs and P&L opportunities.
- Data "guru" that will drive business strategy and execution to achieve specific product, team (Local Media Development), and business (Comcast) results through a superior understanding of performance analytics, projects, and business modeling from analytics.
- Superior collaborator that can enthusiastically partner closely with broader Local Media Development Team; the software development life cycle lead, communications lead, operations manager, executive producer, team coordinator, and team vice president.
- Demonstrate leadership strength, an inspired point of view, agility and versatility.
- Proven ability to recognize, and effectively lead, deadline-driven strategies for revenue-generating business opportunities.
- Motivated to deliver results by creating value and opportunity, internally and externally.
- Keen insight into, and appreciation for, new trends, and customer needs by using data to effectively address complex, unusual, and critical LMD product issues and opportunities. No intimidation for finding new and innovative ways to solve complex challenges and optimize LMD platforms using data to motivate the discovery/optimization process(es).
- Identify business opportunities and revenue generating potential for team's products. Create plans that clearly summarize the product, opportunity, and the intended business impact.
- Manage each project through milestones. Ensure broader team and partners are moving toward the goals of the project and that deliverables are met on established timelines.
- Reporting to the LMD team Vice President, this data leader will act as a highly collaborative partner to all LMD team members, accountable for the following tasks:
- Driving Advanced Analytics permanently into the team's work flow and broader communication to company's senior executive leadership teams and Executive Management Committee.
- Lead team's internal business partnership development roadmap.
- Lead the consistent application and interpretation of data and metrics for all LMD platforms.
- Assist in the identification and elimination of duplicative efforts; accelerate sharing of best practices.
- In partnership with the communications lead, serve as core contributor and preparer of presentations that are concise, well organized, and visually appealing so that that the salient points are clearly communicated.
- Crystalize monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and analytics needs of the business unit.
- Creative problem solver, takes a high level of initiative, has a strong sense of personal accountability and consistent follow-through.
- Create, evaluate, and analyze proposals for new business ideas.
- Create and manage supporting and related business intelligence processes.
- Track market trends, innovations, competitive activities and new business opportunities.
- Seize opportunities quickly while taking educated risks.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Demonstrates Character and embodies our company's core values: Integrity delivers on promises and does what's right. Entrepreneurial Spirit always innovating with passion, while maintaining the self-sufficient accountability, and trustworthiness, of an owner. Directness is honest, trusted, clear and transparent. Courage dares to challenge the status quo. Ambassador acts on behalf of Comcast and the business in the market and community. Caring exhibits respect, genuine interest in and care for those around them. Collaborative-Builds strong and valued working relationships across all areas of the company.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Technology, Computer Programming, Software Engineering, or comparable field.
- Master's degree or MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of professional-related experience.
- Experience managing complex analytics databases and deploying simplified summaries and conclusions from the data.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/issues/escalations and manage many projects simultaneously.
- Experience with defining, documenting, and exploring unrealized data pools.
- Experience with producing and maintaining detailed data and analytics presentations, business proposals, and internal- and external- facing presentations.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a wide range of engineers and project team members having diverse skill sets.
- Familiarity with deep data analytics with a broad knowledge, and curiosity for, known and unknown data variations and qualitative business planning and problem solving.
- Comfort and mastery in delivering concise and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual data reports.
- Familiarity with the cable industry and tech industry and excitement for shifting technical and creative demands of the industry.
- Expertise in office-based project management software, including Microsoft Excel and broader Office Suite.
- Extreme attention to detail.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer