Are you a Mechanic ?
Looking for a Career Path with a Future?
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 39 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and are projected to be over 4 billion at the end of 2016. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership. Our goal is to create an environment where self directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a high energy Mechanic to work on our fleet of trucks at our God Bless USA Waste in Monroe, NC.
**This position is eligible for a $2,500 Sign-On Bonus**
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 1 Year of experience in heavy truck maintenance and repair, or completion of accredited vocational technical school program in Diesel Mechanics
- CDL Class A or B is a plus; Ability to obtain a Class A or B in the future is required
- State MVR a plus.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Provide personal tools.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)