WHO ARE WE?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 39 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and are projected to be over 4 billion at the end of 2016. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Region Engineer to join our Eastern Region team.
- Perform technical duties relevant to the environmental, safety/health waste exclusion, and compliance issues of landfills, transfer stations, and hauling operations in the North East Division operations.
- Provide assistance in fulfillment of all technical/regulating/operational documentation related to the landfills, transfer stations, and hauling operations in the North East Division.
- Assist in general manager's administration of all landfill, transfer stations, and hauling operations/programs, daily business dealings/communications.
- Analyze data and prepare summaries, recommendations and cost estimates for consideration by region engineer manager and/or landfill managers.
- Conduct on-site technical visits to satellite sites to review and evaluate operational efficiency of equipment and systems at various facilities. Site visits will involve exposure to environmental elements which include dirt, odors, noise, and weather extremes.
- Assist region engineer manager and/or landfill managers in reviewing design and development plans, calculating cost estimates for completing the proposed projects and evaluating the engineering proposals and specifications.
- Compose technical reports to document engineering analysis, solutions, and results.
- Represent the organization in conferences to resolve important issues and to plan and coordinate work.
- Applies standard engineering practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies.
-Must have a Bachelor's of Science in Civil Engineering or related field. Master's degree preferred.
-Must have minimum of five or more years of previous experience with a waste industry employer.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)