Waste Connections US, Inc. has an immediate position open for an Fleet Supervisor at our El Paso Disposal hauling operation located in El Paso, TX.
In this position, you will be leading a team of approximately 12 fleet maintenance employees. These employees provide fleet maintenance for approximately 100 pieces of equipment, primarily garbage trucks. Strong leadership skills, training abilities, and experience in shop paperwork, purchasing, and inventory are required.
- Follow all safety regulations and assure shop personnel follow all safety regulations.
- Train and assist mechanics on methods for diagnosing and repairing vehicles and equipment.
- Schedule or assign work to Mechanics, PM Mechanics or other Maintenance Shop personnel.
- Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or repair orders
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounts for applied times (work order times versus time card times).
- Prepares purchase orders and researches best prices on parts or repairs from vendors.
- Assists in monthly financial projections and annual budget.
- Tests vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or tests repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
- Communicate daily with the management team regarding work schedules, job assignments, and other shop issues.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ensure shop is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and statutes.
- 3+ years leadership experience in diesel truck maintenance and repair
- Experience working with outside customers preferred
- Knowledge of air brake, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Experience working with Cummins Insite and Laptop diagnostic systems
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish Required
- CDL Class B with Air Brakes or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: relocation assistance, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Apply today at www.wasteconnections.com and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)