Rockwell Automation is looking for someone to join a team of Rockwell engineers that support the wastewater SCADA system for the island of Oahu. Candidate will be responsible for performing and/or assisting in the design, integration, configuration, maintenance, security, and commissioning of process control & monitoring equipment & systems related to wastewater treatment and collection. Additional responsibilities include:
- Process control system project management.
- Perform quality assurance checks of process control systems.
- Applying new technologies.
- Collaborate on the design, review, information gathering, inspection, and commissioning / start-up of projects that include process control equipment or systems.
- Perform the configuration/programming for process control systems; make changes to existing programs; review existing control logic and implement programming changes to control treatment and pumping processes in the most efficient manner
- Perform quality control: review and approve programming by integrators and functional operation of all process control systems.
- Participate in factory acceptance testing and site acceptance testing.
- Perform or coordinate required maintenance on process control equipment or systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve control system issues.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades;
- Develop and maintain relationship with Process Control vendors to keep current with changes in operational control systems.
- Provide support for Controls Specialist staff members as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the design, configuration, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of Process Control Systems (SCADA and DCS). Experience in all phases of project implementation: design generation, system integration, documentation, project start-up and commissioning. Experience with control system data communications systems, protocols, and wired and wireless network systems.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation PLCs including Logix, SLC and PLC-5 processors
- Experience using RSLogix 5k Add-on-Instructions, FT Alarm and Events, Redundancy
- Knowledge of FactoryTalk View SE & ME
- Experience working with FactoryTalk View SE redundancy.
- Knowledge of control networks including Ethernet, DeviceNet, ControlNet, and Modbus
- Strong knowledge of P&IDs, control wiring schematics, ISA instrument specifications, and loop diagrams
- Experience with writing specifications, developing and reviewing control strategies, reviewing project submittals, red-lining drawings
- Must have passed your Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, and have, or be willing to obtain your Professional Engineers (PE) license for Hawaii.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Wastewater treatment industry experience
- Strong knowledge of project management and application development methodologies and tools.
- Experience programming using ANSI/ISA-88 PLC concepts
- Knowledge of process computers and data collection methods
- FactoryTalk Historian SE & ME
- OSI PI Enterprise Edition
- Knowledge of virtualization architecture and concepts; VMware suite of products including vSphere and vCenter
- Experience with using the command line in Cisco IOS based equipment
- Knowledge of DMZ design concepts
- Experience with working with MS operating systems, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Updates Services, Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services
- Knowledge of MCC hardware including VFDs, soft starts and overloads
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Knowledge of codes and standards including NEC, NEMA, NFPA, UL
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Control Products and Solutions
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Honolulu - Hawaii
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.