Sodexo is seeking an Energy & Sustainabilty Director to support all Pfizer sites across North America, including Canada and Puerto Rico.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 133,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
This individual will provide focused attention on all sustainability activities at current and any future sites and offset some activities of Pfizer and Sodexo operations staff.
Specifically the Energy & Sustainabilty Director would provide benefit to the sustainability program by:
- Coordinating and report on sustainability efforts across the current and expanding portfolio.
- Providing technical support, engineering and training to the site reliability engineers and operating engineers, related to the sustainability program.
- Developing standard operating procedures for energy-centered maintenance and maximum efficiency equipment operations.
- Providing annual energy assessments at each site, including leading Energy Star treasure hunts.
- Prioritizing and providing technical development of potential sustainability projects as required by KPI.
- Supplementing and managing external engineering resources.
- Providing capital planning, appropriating project funding and providing project management.
- Ensuring the all sustainability related service contracts provide best lifecycle value. Revising specifications and manage bids for services related to sustainability opportunities.
- Managing account level stainability projects such as water treatment and chiller plant optimization.
- Providing sustainability focused consultation related to site construction and asset management activities.
- Regular and detailed review of utility and sub-metering data including data required to meet KPIs.
- Assisting Pfizer in development of sub-metering standards.
- Developing sustainability teamwork and competitiveness across sites.
- Providing a conduit to Pfizer global engineering and Sodexo service operations groups.
- Connecting Pfizer and Sodexo to external resources including AEE, Energy Star, DOE Better Plants, by participating in presentations and seminars which promote the IFM2 sustainability program and keep the site teams up to date with the latest technologies.
- Working with Pfizer site sustainability teams to improve energy management processes, drive culture change and influence end users to improve energy efficiency.
- Providing overall program planning and management including justifying additional resources where applicable and providing continuity of work/capital funding to sustainability projects.
- 4 year degree in Energy Management, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- 10 Years energy management experience in manufacturing (pharmaceutical preferred,) central utility plants, HVAC and energy management systems.
- AEE Certified Energy Manager, Certified Energy Auditor, Registered Professional Engineer preferred.
- Experience in estimating sustainability project savings and being responsible for their delivery. Estimating capital costs. Change control in regulated spaces.
- Globalization: Second language (Spanish,) with technical detail preferred
- Supervisory Experience: Previous experience in supervising hourly skilled trades and salaried personnel preferred.
- Influencing: Experience in educating and motivating non-supervised staff to accomplish specific goals and activities.
- Facilitation Skills: Ability to lead meetings and presentations in medium to large audiences
- Negotiating Skills: Ability to successfully negotiate issues during meetings with management and contractors as required
- Communication Skills: Strong proven ability to clearly convey message to others, both verbally and written
- Project Management: Develop Energy, Water and Waste savings projects through finance approval, support engineering and project implementation.
- -Analyze Federal, State, and Local Utility rebates and incorporate into project development.
Responsible for providing operational support to existing and prospective client account's within a division or regional area within a division. Directs the support of one or more operational functions to support and to maintain compliance with the client contract. Aligns services in support of company or divisional initiatives. Provide services in support of the sales effort through feasibility studies, pricing, and quality service. Directs resources in response to client account needs and requests. Provides leadership and training to client accounts on operational subject matters. Supervises a team of operational/project support positions.