Requisition ID: 2881
The role of Product Quality Engineering will own the Quality relationship with Military/Aerospace customers as it relates to product delivery and contract agreement. This role will require establishing and maintaining positive customer relationships inclusive of contract reviews/negotiations, customer presentations/audits, Source Inspections/MIPS, FRACAS, MRB, and Product Readiness as they relate to Quality. Demonstrates accountability for functional business, and broad company objectives. Integrates and develops processes that meet business needs across the organization, involving long-term planning for AS9100. This role will also serve as senior QE for other QE’s and Quality Technicians on the Quality team.
- Lead Huntsville manufacturing to efficiently produce high quality board level and system assemblies for the support of the Mil/Aero industry. Establishing direct relationship with customer, hosting, material readiness and presentation
- Use of data driven analytics to lead Quality initiatives in order to increase capacity, flexibility, reduce costs and inventory
- Serve as Supply Chain’s customer and supplier quality interface
- Responsible for delivery and analysis of key manufacturing metrics (I.e. RTY, FPY, Return Rate, Cost of Quality, Scorecards, and RMA Cycletime)
- Must have demonstrated ability as a change agent combined with the ability to work at various levels and cross functionally in the organization
- BS/BA Engineering or 5 years equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing leadership experience in Mil/Aero production environment
- Highly effective communicator with all organizational levels
- Proven leadership capability
- Demonstrated computer competency, including Email, Excel, and Power Point. Use, and presentation, of data driven actions is a must.
- Experience with Source Inspection preparation and presentation
- Experience with contract review and negotiation as it relates to Quality Standards
- ASQ Quality Engineer Certification
- AS5535 experience
- IDEA experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Lean experience
- Strong project management
- IPC610 experience
- AS9100 Auditor experience
Are you looking to become a part of something remarkable? Check out Abaco Systems. We are looking for a diverse, self-motivated, and energetic collaboration of minds to build the mission-critical rugged embedded technology. Open-minds, creativity, and innovation are the cornerstone of our new generation; failure is not an option. We offer excellent compensation and a full complement of benefits to provide for you and your family.
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.