Requisition ID: 3041
Lead the implementation and hand over of the newly developed manufacturing processes. Responsibilities will include: facilities planning support, plant layout, equipment selection and installation, process flow, process characterization, process monitoring/control methods, material handling, tool selection, consumables, documentation, applicable training, and equipment service/maintenance schedules.
- Define, characterize, and lead the implementation of new manufacturing technology, processes and systems
- Assure sound engineering and validation principals are applied to process design
- Develop processes to be trouble free and ensure success every time (zero defects)
- Assist with equipment selection and drive implementation of new equipment.
- Manage projects to assure on-time/on budget implementation
- Develop and implement process controls
- Lead process improvements while mentoring others to improve processes
- Develop standardized work instructions and process documents for new manufacturing processes
- Liaise with production planner/scheduler for ensuring the released products have adequate BOM and routings
- BS in electrical, mechanical, or industrial engineering
- 5+ years in related field
- Demonstrated success in process improvements and project management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Advanced Quality Planning (SPC, FMEA, DOE, PPAP, and Verification & Validation)
- CNC G-Code Programming
- Tooling Applications/Design Experience
- Robotics applications/programming
- Vision systems applications/programming
- SolidWorks (or other 3D para-metric modeling software)
- CAMWorks (or other tool path generation software)
Are you looking to become a part of something remarkable? Check out Abaco Systems. We are looking for a diverse, self-motivated, and energetic collaboration of minds to build the mission-critical rugged embedded technology. Open-minds, creativity, and innovation are the cornerstone of our new generation; failure is not an option. We offer excellent compensation and a full complement of benefits to provide for you and your family.
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.