Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to use your skills in a successful and growing company? Do you desire a fast-paced, casual work environment that is driven by employees who thrive on innovative thinking? If you have a desire to work in an energetic, collaborative environment, then check out this opportunity at Proto Labs!
About Proto Labs:
Proto Labs (PRLB) is a leading online and technology enabled quick-turn manufacturer. Our technology, innovation and people have made us the world's fastest manufacturer of custom prototype and low-volume parts. Proto Labs revolutionized our industry by developing proprietary computing technologies and automated manufacturing processes that enable us to create "Real Parts, Really Fast".
Proto Labs Is:
- #4 on Forbes list of Best Small Public Companies in the United States
- 2nd fastest growing public company in Minnesota by the Twin Cities Business Journal
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Twin Cities by Star Tribune 4 times!
Generate ProtoQuote quotes using proprietary computer software to analyze customer-supplied 3D CAD models.
Specific duties include:
- Create quotes that may recommend design changes using Protolabs internal software. (Analyst in Training, Analysts I & II)
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Protolabs processes in order to convey benefits and respond to inquiries from customers within quotes. (Analyst in Training, Analysts I & II)
- Approve own quotes using Protolabs internal software. (Analysts I & II)
- Collaborate with internal resources as necessary to answer questions customers may have regarding our process, specific material or injection molding in general. (Analysts I & II)
- Approve quotes from other analysts and provide feedback and coaching where appropriate. (Analyst II)
- Generate volume quotes and family quotes. (Analyst II)
- Analyze parts for moldability using Protomolds proprietary software. (Analyst II)
- Other duties as assigned.
Proto Labs, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
Associates or better in Engineering Technology.
Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
Associates degree in CAD design or engineering technology, or Bachelor's degree related to math, science, engineering or business.
30 words per minute typing
Able to learn advanced proprietary graphical computer-aided analysis software.
Prior experience designing injection molded parts or molds a plus.
Able to work independently with minimal supervision able to multitask and prioritize own workload.
Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
Detail-oriented and accurate
Must be punctual and have good attendance.
Able to comprehend and follow printed and computer-screen instructions, and direction from supervisors or technical leads. Good written and oral communication skills. Strong attention to detail.
Licenses & Certifications