This position requires a detailed understanding of electronics and hardware interfacing. You will be part of a team design, document, and test firmware algorithms to manage and interact with hardware. This role will require proven ability to work with electronics hardware personnel to determine initial project specifications and execute through the entire development cycle.
Function as team member contributing to efforts of a development team
Leads in reviews of documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation
- Use proven firmware design techniques, procedures and criteria in accordance with the company's quality guidelines.
Technical leadership of a module or sub system in the development of embedded firmware
- Investigate current Rockwell product offerings and identify intelligent components (Microprocessor, FPGA, and ASICS) that are at end of life, or close to it. Develop a strategy for hardware and firmware that the organization can use to determine product future life.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics or equivalent
- 5 + years of embedded real-time firmware development (requirements analysis, design, testing, and documentation)
using C, C++, Assembly and other languages
- Knowledge of various Microprocessor and Microcontrollers (ST, Freescale(NXP), Microchip, renaissance), DCP, and FPGA's.
- Ability to extract information from data sheets to configure electrical devices.
- Ability to extract device configuration from released firmware
- Comfortable reading schematics, electrical component specification sheets, extracting interface information, and understanding of basic electrical circuits
- Ability to work with hardware team to evaluate end of life parts and help develop hardware and firmware solutions
- Understanding of various Compilers and debuggers, both new and old. TI Code Composer, Freescale Code warrior, Cosmic Compiler, Xilinx Design tools, Quartus
- Familiarity with embedded firmware development tools, including the capability to debug, step through code and perform traces if needed
- Experience with real-time analog and digital data acquisition and control.
- Proven ability to analyze and solve complex problems which involve both firmware and hardware.
- Demonstrated skills in the firmware development process (version control, use case, requirements, design, coding, and unit test).
- Experience with VM Ware, Python, Team City, Artifactory, configuration tools (ClearCase, ClearQuest, ...) and documentation (Functional, Design, ...) Would be a plus
- Exposure to configuration management tools
- Exposure to Real Time Operating Systems.
- Experience in industrial control systems is a great advantage.
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.