Diesel Mechanic- $5000 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
As a member of our world class team of Fleet Mechanics, you will feel like a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our fleet the safest in the industry! Do you love the sound of a pneumatic wrench? Is the use of a flame-cutting tool your idea of a fun day? If the answer is Yes, then you're who were looking for!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 39 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and are projected to be over 4 billion at the end of 2016. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership. Our goal is to create an environment where self directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Click here to view a "Day in the Life" of our Mechanics: http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/mechanic
We are looking for a high energy Diesel Mechanic - $5000 SIGN ON BONUS!!! to join the team at our Hauling location in Rapid City, SD for Kieffer Sanitation. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns. Class B CDL preferred but not required.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule will be M-F with some Saturdays working 45-55 hours per week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience a huge plus!
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits for full time employment including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)