- Develops technology in an effort to establish state of the art in product performance, manufacturability, and customer value.
- Applies heat transfer, fluid dynamic, acoustic and other mechanical engineering acumen for design, selection, prototyping and testing of products, components, systems, or sub systems as assigned.
- Assumes a leadership role in facets of product design technology as assigned or as need becomes evident.
- Develops systems and methods necessary to establish the technology and transfer it to CDI Design Standards and Best Practices, or to the OFF Team for incorporation in standard design implementation.
- Develops technology training plans and ensures that others are trained as appropriate.
- Achieves cost reductions through alternative design practices, component and methods selection alternatives, and product simplification.
- Proposes opportunities and organizes and leads cost reduction team initiatives as appropriate
- Works collaboratively with the Materials and Manufacturing groups to select component, supplier, and process alternatives.
- Assumes a leadership role in technology development and product enhancement/development initiatives.
- Proposes project scope and deliverables
- Executes project plans
- Transfers results and ensures integration with CDI Design Standards and Best Practices, and OFF Team practices.
- Working knowledge of CAD 3D model development and model manipulation/animation is beneficial.
- Computational skills involving higher level math including calculus, algebra and trigonometry, and statistical methods including regression analysis and quality charts.W
- Working knowledge of HVAC equipment operation and design practices.
- Ability to read prints and interpret and apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing including tolerance analysis.
- Ability to create spreadsheets and documents which meet professional standards of spelling, grammar and punctuation, and continuity.
- This position demands an ability to communicate messages and technical information in both verbal and written formats.
- Skill at effectively instructing or persuading is a regular requirement
- HVAC equipment design and function.
- 3D CAD solid modeling.
- Finite Element Analysis.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent experience and demonstrated performance.
- College level training in Materials Properties or Metallurgy, Thermodynamics, Strength of Materials, Calculus and Differential Equations, and Statistical Analysis.
- HVAC industry training
Call or forward resume to:
Leona Kaiser, Personnel Administrator, using the forms below
(CDI is a EEO Employer)