Greenville SC - Retail
Become a part of The World's Foremost Outfitter team. At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream...Work the Adventure!
Cabela’s has an opportunity for a Regional Support Technician 1 in our IT Department. This position is located at our Greenville, SC store and will be responsible for traveling to 3 other stores.
It’s In Our Nature!
Directly responsible for maintaining and monitoring retail stores computer systems that affect all aspects of the retail store. Including, but not limited to: knowledge of all supporting applications in the retail space; Windows Server and Desktop operating systems, printers, computers, wireless devices, network hardware, mobile devices, paging and overhead music hardware, and computer software utilizing remote and on-site support methods. Monitors computer systems and status of network. Responds to Solutions Delivery Management and or Retail management requests, and answers questions. The Regional Support Technician I provides support for Service Desk tickets, deployment projects, and remote solutions that meet security, auditor and change control requirements. This position require the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, be self-motivated, and possess time management skills. This position requires the ability to travel several times a month, may require shift wok, weekends, and extended travel during IT project execution.
- Evaluates and prioritizes service desk tickets and routes/assigns as appropriate as it pertains to retail store support. Maintains oversight of IT support tickets for all assigned stores. Proactively communicates with store Senior Management to build partnership between IT and Retail to maintain standard processes to ensure minimal downtime.
- Answer incoming phones calls, attend meetings, respond to voicemails and emails to assist all stores within region with any technology related issues or problems. Works with store Operations Manager, Enterprise Retail Support Management, Depot technicians, Service Desk technicians, Project Managers, and other groups or persons within the IT and Retail organizations to resolve technical issues, problems or questions. Train store personal on ticket creation and management. Request quotes for new equipment and obtain the proper approvals for purchase. Partner with IT regional supervisor to create, develop and maintain correct Standard Operating Procedure documents and libraries.
- Travels to all stores within region of responsibility, maintains inventories on all printers, computers, phones and wireless devices. Performs audits from checklists provided by Team lead for PCI audits, Depot audits, equipment and software. Assits with upgrades, new equipment installs, new store setup. Also assists with all special events and travels to stores as needed.
- Uses knowledge base, training, and experience to resolve incidents or properly route to appropriate technical team. Provides solutions for service desk tickets. Performs on-site and remote assistance on computer problems, kiosk issues, network systems such as switch port configuration and cross connects. Provides support for mobile devices using Mobile Device Manager software. Coordinate with store management, other I.T. groups and business units to facilitate 3rd party vendors working to resolve warranty and service issues, site surveys, and installations.Walk store Outfitter's through the configuration of repaired and returned equipment. Partner with vendors and procurement to request and obtain RMAs on serviceable equipment.
- Trains and works with all store operations managers to maintain store depot inventories, Maintain lifecycle management of stores tech inventory, and perform all depot replenishment tasks. Ensure technology standard footprint is current and kept within current guidelines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Vocational/Technical School Certificate
- 0 to 2+ Years
- Cisco, Microsoft Operating Systems, CompTIA A+, Network +, Microsoft Specialist,
- The incoming individual should have basic working knowledge of Windows OS, printers, computers, server technology, IP based phones and wireless devices in the retail space and operational experience with retail operations and strategies. The individual is preferred to have knowledge of supporting software applications; Mobile Device Managers such as Soti and Airwatch for iOS and Windows mobile OS, DHCP, Active Directory, Microsoft Service Center, Microsoft Configuration Manager, Windows Deployment Services, Windows Powershell , AS/400, JDA, WINDSS, Zebra Utilities and others.
- Excellent customer Service skills are required.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.