Requisition Primary Location
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanicat our site in Tampa, FL. In this position you will be performing preventative maintenance, DOT inspections as well as performing repairs on hydraulic and electrical systems.
The Mechanic is responsible for:
- Mechanical repairs to all vehicles, to include independent diagnosis and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems, brake repair and replacement, tire repair and/or replacement, and component rebuilding of engines, transmissions, differentials, etc.
- Driving, loading, unloading, and operating various collection vehicles, forklifts, and/or other vehicles in order to facilitate job duties
- Operating vehicle in accordance with all DOT, OSHA state, and federal requirements
- Safety of vehicle and equipment Operating various types of electrical diagnostic equipment, overhead crane, truck hoist, forklift, electric and gas welding equipment, etc.
- 2+ years of Diesel Mechanic experience or 1+ year of experience combined with a Diesel Tech Degree.
- Must have own tools
- Monday thru Friday schedule
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)