Sodexo is seeking an Operations Chief Engineer for an exciting opportunity in the Southwest side of Houston, TX. It is a corporate facility with 800,000 square feet. This Leader will have exceptionally strong customer relationship skills and will oversee 15 different buildings. This client is located in the Houston Ship Channel. HVAC skills are needed in skillset. This Operations Chief Engineer will oversee a staff of 15 people. We are looking for the wastewater treatment experience in your background.
The Chief Engineer has oversight of the Engineering, Plant Operations & Facilities Management department including construction/renovation operations, staffing, skilled trades’ contractors, maintenance and repair programs and energy management. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and regulatory agencies, efficiency of services and delivery of optimal customer service.
- Plans, improves, and maintains owned and leased facilities and equipment.
- Provides strategic leadership and vision for departments.
- Provides coordination and direction in the design, review, and specifications of construction and remodel projects with architects and administration. Monitors day to day activities and work on Engineering, Plant Operations, Aesthetics and Grounds. Provides oversight as needed for contractors and construction managers.
- Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling.
- Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project and department budgets.
- Ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all time.
Combine your proven leadership and Facilities Management technical expertise to enhance existing (or new) client programs including; preventative and corrective maintenance, construction, and landscaping/grounds and custodial.
Experience in managing the maintenance staff; electrical, plumbing and HVAC and this would require that you must have working knowledge in these areas. Responsible for the grounds care, maintenance and improvement - routine grounds maintenance of planting beds, shrubs, trees, roadways, parking lots, walkways, trash removal and organizing and performing sports field preparation. Experience in a corporate mid-rise and/or high-rise a must.
Support and provide excellent service to our client. Analyze and Forecast financial results and make decisions based on data and needs. Build and maintain strong team through recruitment and retention. Build and maintain strong client relationships to promote the Clients for Life philosophy. Lead and inspire your team to continually improve Sodexo's performance for our clients and customers. Develop and innovate to promote improved performance within unit. Preferred candidate should have an Engineering/Skill Trade background.
- A proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments.
- Strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems, architectural, landscape and energy management.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding.
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
- Strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building.
- Construction/ project management
*** Have Maximo in background is a plus!
Number two position at the account with responsibility for all operations. Assumes GM's responsibilities and authority in his/her absence. Supervises managers. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations.