Available work locations: Milwaukee, WI or Mayfield, OH
Technical instructor and content developer with an emphasis on Rockwell Automation integrated machine design & safety solutions. The individual will be responsible for the research, design, development & delivery of course material, such as technical presentations, hands-on labs and online learning courses along with logistics associated with each. Additional responsibility would include the construction of media-based training programs that enhance the ability of Channel Partners and Rockwell Automation Sales personnel to promote and sell products and solutions.
Depth of Rockwell products/technologies primarily involved in OEM machinery solutions and global safety design standards is desired. Rockwell Automation or Distributor Specialist field sales experience and familiarity with relevant software tools (i.e. Studio 5000, Safety Automation Builder, Sistema, VMWare) or audio/video editing tools are a plus.
- Translate complex technical information into interactive exercises, procedures, and presentations in order to deliver quality performance solutions.
- Ability to design, develop, and deliver "first run" training courses including the assessment of their effectiveness.
- Assist as needed on logistics involved in training department operations. Logistics include shipping items, getting materials printed, equipment setup, classroom maintenance, and computer maintenance.
- Attend team meetings as necessary and provide feedback from BU, sales, marketing and development issues covering products related to assigned courses.
- Provide leadership in the development of training programs and the coordination of meetings with other organizations.
- Act as a global lead for assigned technologies, providing appropriate content for segments to be delivered in all regions.
- Work with Commercial Engineering and Product Marketing to establish obtain/share technical and commercial knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, visual, and written formats to create clear and concise knowledge transfer to large audiences.
- Ability to develop relationships of trust and confidence with other Rockwell Automation groups.
- Consistently and proactively review and redefine the needs of Sales Enablement and address the ever-growing range of products, types of technical training required, new applications, technology, and international impact this training needs to have.
- Collaborate with other team members and Commercial Marketing to ensure alignment with Rockwell Automation's integrated commercial plan.
- An Associates degree in engineering field. Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is HIGHLY preferred.
- Functional Safety for Machinery Technician Certification (TÜV Rheinland).
- 10+ years of experience in the demonstration, sizing and selling of integrated safety automation solutions and working with OEMs.
- STRONG technical writing experience within MS Office applications is essential.
- Must be willing to and able to travel up to 30% within assigned territory.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Automation industry, applications, Ethernet networking knowledge with machine control systems background STRONGLY preferred.
WE'D LOVE TO SEE A SAMPLE OF YOUR WORK.
E.g.: Classroom or online or webinar lead training
ROCKWELL EMBRACES CREATIVITY AND INNOVATIVE IDEAS
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.