- Provide Quality Assurance technical expertise in support of manufacturing. Identify issues and analyze the cost of poor quality.
- Support continuous improvement activities, including analyzing data, completing Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, and participating in kaizen events, and lean manufacturing activities.
- Collaborate with Engineering to characterize manufacturing processes. Determine process capability, identify sources of variation in production processes, implement adequate control plans, and establish feedback mechanisms.
- Work on a major project or several projects of moderate scope and features. Work on programs of low complexity and scope.
- Review, and analyze post market quality data. Conduct investigations of customer complaints to identify causes and appropriate actions to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure thorough investigation and execution of corrective and preventive actions associated with internal process, vendor, and audit findings.
- Support product transfers and new product introductions.
- Support the audit and qualification of new suppliers, and resolve supplier quality issues.
- Perform internal audits of the Quality System, and support external audits of the Quality System.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity in Quality System Standards such as ISO 9001 or AS9100
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability in applying statistics to industrial practices.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Able to communicate complex technical information to all levels of the organization, able to write technical procedures and work instructions
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Perform additional tasksas assigned.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use a computer keyboard, monitor and mouse, telephone and printer; reach with hands, and arms, talk, see and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop or kneel and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Indoors (A/C); nonsmoking; the majority of this job function is performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. However, there may be job duties that require the employee to spend time in the manufacturing areas exposed to machinery and noise; eye protection occasionally required. Occasionally works in outside weather conditions. Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
Understanding of Quality systems and practices in a manufacturing environment
Experience as an engineer in a manufacturing environment
Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
Experience working with customers and suppliers
Experience in CNC machining, injection molding, and/or 3D printing environment(s) is preferred
Licenses & Certifications