Sidney NE - Corporate
Become a part of The World's Foremost Outfitter team. At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality, and value in our products and service. Live...Dream...Work the Adventure!
Cabela’s has an opportunity for a System Application Admin 3 in our MIS department. This position is located at our corporate office in Sidney, Nebraska .
It’s In Our Nature!
Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software
related problems. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Creates SOP's,
creates and maintains run books, and has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
within a particular field. Creates instructions and establishes guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works
cross functionally to advise on architectural requirements for applications. A wide degree of creativity and latitude
is expected. Works under little supervision and mentors lead and directs the work of others. Primary job
functions require exercising independent judgment and working an on-call status.
- Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Creates SOP's and maintains run books related to applications being administered.
- Monitors application performance.
- Actively participates in both formal and informal System Admin training opportunities.
- Creates instructions, mentors, and establishes guidelines for System Admin 1 and 2
- Advises cross functional groups on architectural requirements for applications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 4 to 6+ years relevant experience required.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.