As a Sr. Test Engineer and member of the Validation Process Excellence team (an advanced Manufacturing Test Technology group), the successful candidate will be responsible for developing best practices and improving the global manufacturing Test Engineering team's performance for new product introductions, legacy test equipment, continuation engineering product changes, production support, and equipment replacement.
Lead, develop, and implement cost-effective automated methods of testing and troubleshooting manufactured product including final assemblies and in some cases large systems testing. This test equipment consists of electrical, electronic, mechanical measurement and controls, mechanical fixtures and test software which are used in global manufacturing facilities to produce Rockwell Automation products.
- Provide technical leadership for continuously improving the speed, cost and quality of the processes involved in the design and build of automated testing of new product pilots and prototypes. Address product testability and required test deliverables.
- Research and communicate trends in new product and test process technologies.
- Research new and/or experimental test and validation equipment and software.
- Create business cases and project plans for new process or equipment improvements.
- Improve Manufacturing Test Development processes impacting test Equipment hardware, test software and test resource workflows including ICT, Functional, environmental, and ETO test processes.
- Guide Manufacturing Test Engineering teams with new and improved software and hardware tools, methods and techniques.
- Responsible for designing entire electrical systems, properly sizing components and working with vendors to develop test fixtures. Selects proper PLC components and test instrumentation based on product test requirements to ensure a safe, reliable, manufacturing test system.
- Develop and debug test software to control the electrical and mechanical components of the functional test system to provide a robust, reliable and repeatable manufacturing test system.
- Create and release documentation on all aspects of the test solution.
- Test specification to document product testing and coverage.
- System wiring schematics in AutoCAD Electrical.
- System BOM (Bill of Materials).
- Create User's guide to assist plant engineering with long term support.
- Test software stored released into appropriate source control location.
- Demonstrate consistent use of appropriate Lean Six Sigma tools for test equipment qualification, test system problem solving, and identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provides strategic manufacturing technical support assisting in troubleshooting complex test systems to resolve crisis downtime situations an in Rockwell Automation plants.
- Provide libraries for reusable hardware and software test development resources.
- Study manufacturing operations and lead activities for enterprise wide productivity improvements.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree Electrical Engineering (EE), Electrical Engineering Technology(EET), Electrical Engineering/Computer Science (EE/CS), equivalent education, or experience.
5+ years' experience as a test engineer contributor in a team oriented multiple project environment, including design and development of test equipment for production.
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Mental and visual ability to independently design, develop and implement software using multiple programming languages (including C, C++, C#, NI Test Stand, Visual Basic, PLC, etc.).
Candidate must have the ability to read and interpret new product designs consisting of electronic circuit schematics, electrical and mechanical equipment design drawings, bills of materials, design and functional specifications.
- Knowledge of electronic hardware design processes and mechanical design concepts.
Self-directed and able to adjust to changes in priority and scope.
Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and problem solving skills.
Good written and verbal communications in English.
Experience outsourcing test development solutions for manufacturing.
Proficient using Microsoft Office programs.
Experience with functional environmental screening/test development a plus (including functional testing during hot/cold cycling and vibration).
Experience with HALT or HASS test development a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified, Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
Operations & Engineering Services
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.