Landfill Operations Manager - Erie, CO
Requisition Primary Location
Waste Connections, Inc. would like to hire a landfill experienced OperationsManagerwith strong leadership qualities and project management skills at our Front Range Landfilllocated just north of Denver, CO.
LANDFILL OPERATIONS MANAGER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years of previous supervisory experience at a landfill, civil earthworks firm, or mining company required. No Exceptions.
- Bachelors degree is a plus
- Majority of work will be conducted in the field and not in an office
Who Are We?
Waste Connections US, Inc. (TSX/NYSE: WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 40 states. Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and we finished 2016 at 3.376 billion in revenue. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
LANDFILL OPERATIONS MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees personnel needs of 14 Heavy Equipment Operators including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions
- Manages the day-to-day operations of a 6,000 ton a day landfill and provide daily support to ensure quality and budget performance.
- Monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes the Market's strategic capital budget, ensuring effective use of the budget through asset allocation; ensures appropriate spare ratios and asset disposal.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with the company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Ensures thorough root cause investigations for all injuries and incidents, following-up with consistent discipline and retraining.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the District Manager.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Interacts with local city, municipal, and county agencies to ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts.
Why you need to join us!
CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees. Honoring our commitments provides our stakeholders peace of mind and establishes us as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve. This creates a safe and rewarding environment for our employees.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". For more information and to apply, please visit www.wasteconnections.com.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)