Available work locations:
Provides customer support and engineering through the performance of small projects, on-site installation, as well as troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Product and system start-up, system integration support, and production optimization.
- Consultation regarding the application of products, technologies, manufacturing processes and industry-specific applications
- Project and site management support including management of project activities such as scheduling, budgeting and human resources to ensure that the project meets the customers and Rockwell's expectations.
- Identification and correction of hardware failures, firmware problems and programming deficiencies, as well as the implementation of hardware/firmware updates and upgrades.
- Instruction/training of customers on proper use, operation and maintenance of Rockwell Products.
- Development, implementation and execution of predictive and preventive maintenance programs.
- On-call emergency service support and troubleshooting assistance (24X7).
- Travel to remote work sites from the service engineer's field office city location will also be required. (Work assignments at remote city locations may be for extended periods of time.)
- An associates degree, preferably in engineering field. Bachelor degree in engineering field is HIGHLY preferred.
- 7+ years of automation experience with 3 years in oil fields.
- STRONG Allen Bradley/Rockwell Automation product knowledge such as; PLC, HMI, Drives, etc.
- 10+ years of successful site support or controls engineering.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Control Products and Solutions
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Bismarck - North Dakota, Fargo - North Dakota
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.