Works well independently under supervision of department manager. Responsible for planning, performing analysis, design and development in the field of digital motion control and power conversion. The chief technology focus is on servo motor digital control, high resolution feedback development and processing, with high-density gate array and state of the art DSP platforms. Manages the technical aspects of multiple sub-systems and coordinates with other group members involved in product development or system integration.
- Product development and support of industrial automation electronics components and systems.
- Contribute to system architecture design and integration of Embedded PCs, DSPs, and FPGAs for multi-axis servo motion control.
- Real Time Programming of embedded PC, I/O drivers, and DSPs
- Design and implementation of circuits as well as programming and simulation of FPGAs for brushless motor servo motion control.
- Manage the development and technical aspects of assigned projects. Perform a technical review, evaluate and minimize high-risk elements and provide project budget and timelines.
- Assume responsibility for technical support of on-going projects as required.
- Manage the development and control of all electrical documentation to include the following: schematics, wiring diagrams, BOMs, ECR/ECNs, ATPs, program source and simulation files, checklists and procedures.
- Manage system level integration for assigned projects up to and including product evaluation and qualification.
- Become familiar with internal policies and procedures, including CPD process.
- Effectively apply technical or professional skills within the context of one's role.
- Effectively contribute to the successful completion of projects.
- Recognize/anticipate barriers to completing assigned work/projects.
- Able to interface with customers, vendors, peers and managers effectively.
- When standard procedures do not apply, use judgment and draw on past experience to interpret information, solve routine problems and/or recommend approaches.
- Contribute ideas for innovation and continuous improvement on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of technology in business and as it applies to one's own functional area.
- Adopt technological change that impacts own functional area.
- Adhere to defined and communicated standards, methods, and procedures, with openness to identifying improvements.
- Seek and implement process improvement ideas in primary work area.
- Focus on streamlining activities for increased efficiencies.
- Demonstrate good working relationships within work group.
- May serve as a resource for those with less experience.
- Look for ways to collaborate and build teamwork with others.
- Work cooperatively with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrate responsiveness and promptness in serving customer needs.
- Protect confidential information.
- Act with a high level of integrity.
- Ensure that all work activities add value (directly or indirectly) to the customer or partner.
- Act resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters.
- Balance multiple priorities and competing demands effectively.
- Understand the business environment in which RACS operates.
- Keep current on challenges, competition and economic trends that could impact the business.
- Understand the organization's mission and strategies.
- Able to work efficiently across organization boundaries.
- Responsible for technical and project leadership.
- Able to lead projects and other team members.
- Able to present project goals, scope and timelines to senior management and/or customers.
- Align own activities with the work group's goals and strategies.
- Support the organization's vision, values, and direction.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineer or technical discipline.
- Minimum 12 years related experience in electronic product development.
- Experience with real time programming and DSPs.
- Experience with an interdisciplinary project team.
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience of Embedded PC standard formats and peripheral busses and drivers including PCI and PCI-Express.
- Preferred experience with high performance UART drivers in embedded PC.
- Preferred knowledge of Linux operating system
- Motion controls experience.
- Industrial controls experience.
It is the responsibility of every employee to actively adhere to all Environmental and Safety Policies and to perform their duties in accordance with those policies. Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO 9001, ISO 14000, etc.), as well as Rockwell/Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
East Setauket - New York
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.