The position is in Rockwell Automation's Ladysmith manufacturing facility. The production supervisor position is for our 2nd and 3rd shift operations, 40-45 direct reports, general assembly and fabrication operations, 45-50 hours per week.
Position details listed:
- This 2nd and/or 3rd shift supervisor will be accountable for timely production of quality products.
- Maintain an efficient, clean, organized and safe working environment.
- Establish and maintain effective two-way employee communications.
- This position may require hands on production effort to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Responsible for enhancing the company's customer satisfaction image.
- Accountable for a steady flow of work through the department as dictated by dispatch reports and expedite orders as unusual circumstances develop.
- Works with support personnel to solve problems and test product.
- Be aware of critical part shortages and keeps the department manager and planner informed.
- Ensures production meets specified quality requirements.
- Accountable for the effective and efficient utilization of assigned personnel, plant space and equipment.
- Notifies technical support personnel to repair damaged or broken equipment or for modification of fixtures or equipment.
- Ensure that all assigned employees carry out duties in a safe manner and are informed of all safety procedures.
- Ensures safe work practices in all production efforts.
- Monitors machines for proper guarding and other safety features.
- Is on alert for department safety hazards.
- Ensures all employees are wearing proper safety protection.
- Ensures training records are maintained as required.
- Cooperates with plant teams to enhance plant integration.
- Trains and provides advice to associates to help develop their job related potentials.
- Housekeeping efforts must meet world-class standards at all times.
- Encourages employee engagement.
- Empower associates in efficiency and safety decisions whenever possible.
- Involves associates in metric goal and data tracking.
- Communicates information in a regular and timely manner including metric and financial data.
- Develops a good rapport with all associates and support personnel.
- Follows through on associate suggestions and provides feedback in a timely manner.
- Leading continuous improvement events working toward lean yellow belt or six sigma green belt
- Takes an active part in initiating new or changed products and/or processes.
- Pursues changing situations and plans for necessary plant and equipment needs.
- Helps prepare layouts when necessary.
- Ensures documented procedures are up to date and adequate for the intended purpose.
- Establishes and works to achieve agreed upon objectives. Plans for and takes the required action steps to accomplish goals.
- Provides management with periodic reports.
- Monitors worker attendance, productivity, quality, safety and morale so as to produce competitively priced products.
- Counsels and disciplines associates in accordance with plant policies.
- Completes a formal evaluation on each employee at least twice a year.
- Coordinates information and work requirement between shifts and ensures that each shift is well informed and functioning properly.
- Coordinates work efforts with other shift Group Facilitators.
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO 9001, ISO 14000, etc.) as well as Rockwell/Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree
- Willing to work 2nd and/or 3rd shift.
- Strong computer and Microsoft Suite skills.
- 3 years' manufacturing background or equivalent training and experience
Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Operations & Engineering Services
Supply Chain and Operations
No. of Positions:
Ladysmith - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.