· Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
· Intermediate computer skills in supply chain network modeling design tools preferred
· Ability to analyze data and conduct extensive research required
Education and Experience Requirements:
· 2 to 4 years comparable experience designing, developing, implementing and executing supply chain solutions in transportation minimum
· Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Management Science or other quantitative discipline required
· Master's Degree preferred
· Automotive industry experience preferred
· Fundamental understanding of transportation, supply chain and logistics concepts required
· Effective communication skills both written and verbal, and with internal and external customers required
· Willingness to travel as necessary
· Excellent analytical/problem solving capabilities
· Developing presentation skills
· Must demonstrate aptitude for developing written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills, particularly when problems arise that may affect solution outcome and/or project schedule.
· Customer orientation
· Team player
· Must be able to work somewhat independently and concurrently on a range of unstructured tasks/projects and properly prioritize work, all with some supervision or direction
· Time management and multi-tasking skills
· The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.
Beachwood, OH or Dearborn, MI