Abaco Systems is a global leader in open architecture rugged embedded systems. Spun out of GE in 2015, we combine over 30 years’ experience in the industry with the attitude and opportunity of a start-up company. Find your place here as part of a high-performing team, delivering products and services in industries such as energy, water, consumer-packaged goods, government & defense, and telecommunications.
Develop and implement new manufacturing systems that meet or exceed the technical product requirements of our customers while achieving quality, throughput and cost objectives.
Lead the implementation and hand over of the newly developed manufacturing processes. Responsibilities will include: facilities planning support, plant layout, equipment selection and installation, process flow, process characterization, process monitoring/control methods, material handling, tool selection, consumables, documentation, applicable training, and equipment service/maintenance schedules.
- Define, characterize, and lead the implementation of new manufacturing technology, processes and systems.
- Assure sound engineering and validation principals are applied to process design.
- Develop processes to be trouble free and ensure success every time (zero defects).
- Assist with equipment selection and drive implementation of new equipment.
- Manage projects to assure on-time/on budget implementation.
- Develop and implement process controls.
- Lead process improvements while mentoring others to improve processes.
- Develop standardized work instructions and process documents for new manufacturing processes
- Liaise with production planner/scheduler for ensuring the released products have adequate BOM and routings
- Develop manufacturing documentation required for new product manufacturing i.e. revise drawing, BOM, accurate work instructions and workmanship standards and process procedures
- BS in electrical, mechanical, or industrial engineering.
- 5+ years in related field
- Demonstrated success in process improvements and project management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Advanced Quality Planning (SPC, FMEA, DOE, PPAP, and Verification & Validation).
- CNC G-Code Programming
- Tooling Applications/Design Experience
- Robotics applications/programming
- Vision systems applications/programming
- SolidWorks (or other 3D para-metric modeling software)
- CAMWorks (or other tool path generation software)
Are you looking to become a part of something remarkable? Check out Abaco Systems. We are looking for a diverse, self-motivated, and energetic collaboration of minds to build the mission-critical rugged embedded technology. Open-minds, creativity, and innovation are the cornerstone of our new generation; failure is not an option. We offer excellent compensation and a full complement of benefits to provide for you and your family.
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.