Sodexo’s Health Care Division is seeking a Custodial Manager II at Torrance Memorial in Torrance, CA.
Torrance Memorial is a nonprofit community hospital committed to offering high-quality medical services. One of our most focused activities is on continuous measurement and improvement of our services. The unit operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week with an hourly workforce speaking predominately Spanish. Relocation is not offered at this time.
This position will be responsible for customer and client interaction, custodial inspection measurements, on-going training, quality, safety, pest control and the implementation of best practices. It will also be responsible for infection control compliance, improved services, and timeliness of responses and validation of work quality. Manage and coordinate floor care team and project work.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- has in-depth knowledge of Sodexo ES systems and processes including TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Check, ENGAGE and black light inspections;
- possesses strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- has 1-2 years previous custodial or housekeeping management experience in a hospital or healthcare environment;
- has the ability to analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
- has experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- has experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and Joint Commission standards;
- is proficient with computers and other technology;
- has experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations;
- has strong financial acumen and budget management experience
The “Hands-On” manager primarily handles day-to-day Environmental Services operational functions and ensures unit level, corporate, employee relations, safety, training, and unit operating systems compliance.
Required: Good working knowledge of state & federal employment law; solid computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; good communication and presentation skills; detailed oriented, and well organized.
Preferred: Ability to communicate (speak and write) in English and Spanish will assist in managing this workforce. This is an Evening Shift with rotating weekends and some holidays.
Join Sodexo Today!
Supervises hourly staff providing custodial service to client. Responsible for work force planning, Quality Assurance training and administrative functions for designated area. Typically reports to General Manager or Operations Manager.