Leads and directs the engineering and implementation of logistics and supply chain solutions to support sales and operational requirements. Builds account stability and customer satisfaction by focusing managers on continuous improvement opportunities. Pursues vertical growth opportunities through both local customer interaction and Customer Experience Team process. Develops positive relationships and regularly communicates with both internal and external customers.
Works with Penske business partners to define the vision for future state capabilities (processes/technology/organization) ensuring engineering activities meet current and future customer requirements.
Partners with other Penske management to develop business plans, budgets, and align engineering plans with corporate strategies.
- Continually focuses on improving processes to increase service efficiency and value
- Works with staff to determine appropriate assignments and execution of RFP, special requests or consulting opportunities, operational start-ups and implementations
- Confirm compliance to the standard engineering solutions development process
- Understands customer's business needs and proactively align resources to develop a solution
- Reviews growth and retention initiatives with customer
- Works with Customer Experience Team to capture all the value delivered on a regular basis
- Partners with Operations to ensure we are meeting or exceeding the customers expectations
- Directs recruiting activities to ensure the department is staffed with skilled, motivated associates
- Sets performance standards to inspire people to higher levels of performance than they would realize on their own
- Identifies strong performers and determine correct career development opportunities and provide them specific training and development plans
- Actively participates in the development of pricing for new logistics opportunities
- Participates in the negotiation process with the sales team and customers for rate increases, scope changes, etc.
- Leads and directs the process for identifying, specifying, developing or buying and integration of design and engineering methodologies and software tools