Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset - their people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about delivering quality service, love solving problems, and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the many job opportunities available through Mercer. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. MMC has over 56,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $12 billion. For more information, visit www.mercer.com or follow Mercer on Twitter @MercerInsights .
The purpose of this position is to assist employees and help them to select and enroll into employer sponsored and voluntary benefits. Counselors will answer incoming calls, navigate our enrollment system and are trained to utilize our tools and resources to assist, and provide superior service to our customer. They will continuously strive to improve by utilizing various resources. They will have the ability to communicate with impact, apply critical thinking and show a strong desire to drive for results while working independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
To fulfill this role, the Bilingual Benefits Counselor will:
* Answer incoming calls to assist in enrollment
* Provides a consultative experience and communicates accurate answers regarding products
* Handle inquiries by communicating in a clear, concise and confident manner in order to provide an excellent customer services experience in a fast-paced work environment
* Facilitate enrollment into Employer Sponsored benefits package.
* Enters all information related to the call for reporting purposes
* Works with internal business partners to achieve business unit results
* Resolve all inquiries that require research or additional information by utilizing the appropriate resources and provide timely follow up as necessary
* Ensure that all transactions are submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
* Ensures carrier, state, and company guidelines are adhered to
* Act as a successful team member by being receptive to feedback/coaching, follow all standard operating procedures, display reliability and have a willingness to develop and consistently improve
* High School Diploma required; 4 year college degree preferred
* 1-2 years customer service or sales experience preferred
* Must be fluent in both English and Spanish
* Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written),
* Ability to research
* Follow up and resolve sensitive issues
* Proficient in working with web based applications and Microsoft Office, keyboarding (greater than 40 wpm), ability navigate multiple systems without assistance
* Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks
* Detail oriented to ensure accuracy
* Must obtain life and health license prior to Marketplace training (we offer paid training)
Core Competencies include:
* Communicating with impact
* Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
* Service Orientation
Must have or obtain relevant broking licenses. Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet employers.