Entry Level Assistant Controller - Twin Cities
St. Paul, Minnesota
Requisition Primary Location
We are adding an Entry Level Assistant Controller to our Controller Team in the Twin Cities!
Looking for a career not a job? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you want to be a valued business partner? Do you have an accounting degree, but hate sitting in a cubical?
Compensation: $50k-$58k DOE, 10% Bonus Potential
As an Assistant Controller at Waste Connections US, Inc. you will be involved with every piece of the accounting cycle. Each day brings a new challenge. When not working on daily accounting functions you will be partnering with team members in all aspects of the business. You are expected to learn about Operations, Sales, Business Development, Customer Service and more rather than sit at your desk all day. Your success is entirely dependent on how hard you work, how well you build relationships and how well you develop as a leader. The key to Waste Connections' continued growth and success is training, coaching, developing and promoting individuals who fit this culture and want to be part of something extraordinary.
- Must be a self-starter with the initiative to learn and a great work ethic
- Interested in being exposed to and interfacing with multiple facets of the organization
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, reports and forecasts
- Support operations personnel with daily, weekly and monthly metric calculations
- Assist in annual budgets, audits, system implementations, etc.
- Relocation after the 18-24 month training period in Minneapolis.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, MBA or other professional certifications a plus
- 1+ year Accounting experience
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting business systems
Waste Connections US, Inc. is a fast growing NYSE-traded company that is the industry leader in the solid waste services sector. We pride ourselves in being a team of driven employees who do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason. Our decentralized business model empowers employees to make decisions that have an immediate impact at the local level. And most importantly, we work hard but play harder!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.wasteconnections.com or Call Jaclyn at (see application details).
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)