Combined Insurance, an ACE Group Company, is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our fast-paced, high energy, growing company. We are proud of our tradition of success in the insurance industry of over 90 years. Come join our team of hard-working, talented professionals!
JOB SUMMARY:This person will be responsible for leading premium and Customer retention forecasting analysis. He/she will perform financial analysis, reporting of financial information, presentation preparation and ad-hoc projects. Additionally, he/she will reconcile actual results against plan and projections, identifying and explaining variances. Communicate issues to management to mitigate delays, expenses and timing disruptions.
- Maintain inputs and analysis of Premium factors including ensuring deadlines are met and analysis is complete
- Work with our global offices to understand trends in Premium & Losses including variance to plan, forecast and actual
- Analyze actual results with comparison to plan and forecast
- Prepare schedules and analysis for actuarial review
- Prepare presentation materials for management
- Ad hoc modeling and financial analysis as directed by management
Problem Solving - Takes an organized and logical approach to thinking through problems and complex issues; looks beyond the obvious to get at root causes; develops insight into problems, issues and situations
Analytical Thinking - Approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue; determining its significance; collecting data; using appropriate tools to disclose meaningful patterns in the data; making inferences about the meaning of the data; and using logic and intuition to arrive at conclusions or decisions
Initiative - Willingly does more than is required or expected in the job; eager and willing to go the extra mile in terms of time and effort; is self-motivated and seizes opportunities to make a difference.
Results Orientation - Effectively executes on plans, drives for results and takes accountability for outcomes; perseveres and does not give up easily in challenging situations; recognizes and capitalizes on opportunities; takes full accountability for achieving (or failing to achieve) desired results.
- 2-4 years of work experience
- Has an applied technical foundation with Microsoft products and ideally has exposure to other software products (i.e., Essbase, Cognos,TM1)
- Takes initiative to identify basic items that are out of pattern that warrant investigation and independently initiates research.
- Comes to manager with complete result, has formed his/her views and has a recommended course of action. Can present an issue or task effectively either through verbal or written communication.
- CPA/MBA or comparable knowledge/skill level preferred
As a Combined/ACE corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. ACE is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- A company-match 401(k) plan
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products, and an ACE Group company. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company, ACE Group, is one of the world's largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, ACE provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. ACE Limited, the parent company of ACE Group, is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: ACE) and is a component of the S&P 500 index.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+
Travel - No
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Posting - May 8, 2017, 5:10:18 PM