Altamonte Springs, Florida
Requisition Primary Location
Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row, Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) is growing throughout the Western, Midwestern, and Southeastern U. S. Our range of services includes solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to approximately 2 million commercial, industrial, and residential customers in 26 states.
We have an immediate position available for a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant reports to the District Controller and provides accounting services for multiple operating locations. This is an excellent entry-level accounting position with a growing company.
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each operating location
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Preparation of detailed budget, income or expenditure reports
- Managing flow of accounting data to/from remote facilities
- Evaluating and assessing internal controls and operating results including analysis of budget to actual results; presents cost reduction recommendations to management
- Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance and accounting procedures
- Special projects as assigned
- 0- 3 Years Accounting experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting business systems
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).