Executive Chef 3 at Arkansas State University
Relocation Assistance Available!!
Are you ready to get the notoriety that you deserve? We are seeking _talented Executive Chef 3 to showcase their culinary expertise at our long tenured account located at Arkansas State University in Jonesboro, AR. This position offers a talented chef high visibility in Sodexo and Jonesboro within their multiple arenas; sports and leisure and catering_. Our chancellor and athletic director entertain often and in this position you will be front and center for all of these events!_!
Where is your new career opportunity located? In Jonesboro, Arkansas! We are located in northeast Arkansas and are one of the fastest growing areas in the state of Arkansas. This is a town of 75,000 people offering everything the big cities do but without all the traffic and high cost of living! (Memphis is 1 hour, St. Louis 4 hours, and Little Rock 2 hours and you are only 6 hours from New Orleans!).
What's your team look like? Reporting to our General Manager, you will oversee a dedicated culinary team consisting of 2 Sous Chef's, 6 culinary supervisors and up to 25 additional associates.
You don't live close, how will you relocate to Jonesboro? Sodexo will help with everything you need to relocate by offering you our generous RELOCATION PACKAGE!
Daily responsibilities include:
- Daily food production of entrees, theme stations, soup, catering and special function specialty menu items
- Ordering and inventory responsibilities.
- HACCP and production records, to include monthly safety audits.
- Employee training to include monthly safety.
- Manage a staff of 25 on site nonunion hourly associates.
- Oversees the preparation, food quality, portioning, garnishing, ordering and storage of all food.
- Leadership of staff, employee scheduling and staff hiring decisions.
- Maintain on site wellness and sustainability standards.
- Interacts with customers and clients.
- Training the culinary staff in recipe adherence, overall quality and menu prep methods._Am I qualified? The successful candidate will have a Culinary Degree/Trade School certificate and/or 5+ years’ work equivalent, a strong working knowledge of food safety & sanitation guidelines, prior experience managing an hourly production staff as well as excellent organizational, communication, computer and customer service skills would be a plus for this role. Prior contract food service experience and/or culinary management experience in campus dining would be a plus for this roll!
- Seeking bi-lingual candidates. The ability to communicate in Spanish would assist in managing the workforce, but not mandatory.
10 great reasons to live in Jonesboro: Education - Enjoy a top notch school system, Friends & Neighbors, Safety, Healthcare, Cost of Living, Arts & Entertainment, Shopping & Dining & Diverse Geography and Rich Heritage: Click Here for more information: Why Jonesboro, AR?
Check out what this community has to offer: What Makes Jonesboro unique?
Check out Arkansas State University:
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in the largest accounts or in an account requiring a highly skilled Executive Chef. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.