Accounting Customer Service Rep.
Monroe, North Carolina
Requisition Primary Location
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 40 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. Our 2015 annual revenue was 2.1 billion and are projected to be over 4 billion at the end of 2016. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership. Our goal is to create an environment where self directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for aAccounting Customer Serviceat ourGod Bless USAofficeinMonroe, NC.
- Greet and direct all customers and employees upon entry into facility.
- Will be involved with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable duties.
- Answers phone in a professional and enthusiastic fashion.
- Performs full clerical and general office duties.
- Track weight information from scale to computer system and get appropriate signatures. (only when covering scale house)
- Calculating payments for customers.
- Ensuring that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material. (only when covering the scale house)
- Assisting with office duties, filing and paperwork as needed.
- Weigh trucks in and out.
- Ensuring that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Providing general upkeep of the Scale House. (only at scale house to cover lunch)
- Approaching all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to multi-task is a MUST!!!
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good computer skills - experience with Microsoft Excel is preferred .
- Prior cash handling experience required.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran).