This position will provide financial and operational leadership for the district, and is designed to give the District Manager the support necessary to engage more effectively with customers, associates, and planning. The District Financial Manager is responsible for overseeing district processes and is tasked with recapturing profit within these processes. This customer facing position will understand location-specific goals and objectives, and will work with locations and customers to meet those objectives.
Partner with Customers / Support Sales
- Assigned to specific key district accounts as a liaison with other essential contacts. Establish relationships by employing district specific customer initiatives for highlighting delivery of services, e.g., improve billing experience.
- Has lead role for critical customers at new, add, replace points.
- Develop intra-district infrastructure for managing and executing non-standard deals to ensure accurate initial and future (step rate, etc.) maintenance exception billing, etc.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and otherwise preparing Business Plan by leading the district staff to complete the sales plan, vehicle inputs, payrolls, draft presentation slides etc. as outlined by the District Manager.
- Responsible for training and mentoring associates new to the plan and planning process.
- Push vehicle contribution, P&L, and process analysis and reporting to the DM.
- Customer facing financial operations processes: billing, collections, receivables
- Collection activities include Manage customer accounts and various account issues by reviewing receivables for past due accounts, sending demand letters or calling customer to resolve, follow through on accounts sent to collection through supplying invoices to attorneys, search for customers through various sources.
- Initiates corporate process offerings for improving customer experience and execution - central PM scheduling, digital vehicle files, preferred parts, etc.
- AFM heavy dotted line to drive process rollouts, Corporate initiatives area initiatives, and process uniformity and consistency.
- Inventory responsibility: Review and investigate inventory balances using general ledger and inventory graphs, and take physical counts.
Associate Development Support
- Responsible for primarily for admin team growth and development.
- Support development of those with aspirations and capabilities for other positions. Define career path at district or involve HR for positions outside of district.
- Cultivate skills and capabilities of those who are satisfied with current position.
- Mentoring - formal mentoring of associates as assigned by DM.
- Ensure clerical duties of team are accomplished.
- Support company initiatives as assigned, such as: Service Admin Strategic Initiative (SASI), Technician Certification Program (TCP), etc.
- Spend extended time at each of the locations in the district working with Service, Admin, and Rental (Receivables, credit assessment, e.g., risk vs. reward, rates, billing, fuel, tax compliance, accident reporting, physical inventory).
- Develop and sustain an in-depth knowledge of each operation and customer base.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by manager.