The Sr. Embedded Software Engineer will report directly to the Sensing Engineering Manager and drive embedded system design activities to support photoelectric, inductive proximity sensor and other future sensing product developments.
The firmware engineer shall develop C-language codes to implement advanced sensing, algorithm and peripheral control functions, such as A/D conversion, DMA, temperature compensation, GPIO, interrupts handling, etc. The candidate shall be capable of embedded system definition, MCU selection, debug, driving root cause analysis and making recommendations for future hardware platforms.
This position requires the ability to work in the U.S without sponsorship
- Five years minimum experience with firmware or embedded software engineering.
- Experience with embedded system prototype board bring-up.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with C programming and debug using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Strong communication, documentation, and analytical skills required.
- ARM Cortex M0 or M3
- STMicroelectronics Processor Peripherals
- IAR Development Environment
- Git VCS or SVN
- DxDesigner Schematic Entry
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis for analog and digital circuits.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
Yes - Domestic
No. of Positions:
Chelmsford - Massachusetts
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.