The Illinois Transplant Fund (ITF) Coordinator will work directly with ITF to assist in the administration and management of this philanthropic enterprise. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, can manage multiple projects simultaneously, comfortable working independently, has fundraising and event planning experience and MUST be bilingual in English and Spanish.
The Illinois Transplant Fund believes that a person’s financial status should not be a barrier to their ability to receive a lifesaving organ transplant; ITF believes transplantation decisions should be based on health status and not insurance status. By providing health insurance premium support to those in need we increase access to organ transplants and save lives.
The following essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Support the ITF mission
· Serve as primary contact for ITF
· Review applications for completeness and accuracy; follow up with transplant centers for missing or incorrect information
· Compile applicant information to be presented to the board for review and approval
· Track applicant status: approved/pending approval; waiting for transplant/transplanted; premiums up to date/due
· Prepare monthly insurance premium payment worksheet; work with Gift of Hope Finance to get checks cut and mailed
· Schedule quarterly board meetings; prepare and distribute materials; take and maintain minutes
· Maintain bylaws, board resolutions
· Develop and maintain informational materials; work with designer on ITF website content
· Work with board members on annual fundraising event
· Attend community events to educate the public about ITF
· Stay abreast of changes in the insurance landscape that might impact ITF and/or ITF applicants