The IT Business Partner Analyst is a liaison between IT and the business. The ITBPA has knowledge in subject matters pertaining to both IT and the business, and is responsible for understanding the business needs, identifying and packaging candidate projects for go-forward consideration, assisting in the prioritization of projects, complying with portfolio management processes, and ensuring projects align both with business objectives and the technology that best provides maximum return on investment / business value.
- Lead / Participate in scoping and defining solutions for new business problems
- Identify impacts to business process and systems through impact analysis of new requirements and solution designs
- Authoring and publishing quality documentation (Investment Proposals) covering all functional and business-system requirements
- Preparing use case for each project that documents process loads, different process paths and system applications
- Serving as liaison between various team members, including developers, the project manager, the quality assurance team and the business customer
- Validating the results of the testing process
- Engaging in change control in order to prevent project "scope creep"
- Employ prescribed tool-set and modeling techniques to analyze alternate options for technical problems and develop a "to-be" state from an "as-is" state
- Providing status reports on projects and deliverable's
- Create and maintains complex context process and system diagrams
- Work with systems personnel to implement design
- Cooperate with other functional and technical teams to produce the successful implementation of new end-to-end projects and solutions
- Provide input into project management. Participate in change management at department and end user level
- Communicate and document system changes to the business. Translate system functionality into business relevant language
- Support application testing, implementation, and training activity
- Perform quality review checks on project deliverable's
- Perform business process modeling and business process re-engineering, as required
- Answer questions about requirements from business partner, development and QA throughout development life-cycle
- Update and maintain requirements documents throughout development life-cycle
- Review test cases from QA team for completeness and accuracy
- May work with supplier BA's on the same application to ensure they follow process and to peer review their work.
- Ensure IT Stakeholders have a contextual understanding of the Business Operations included or involved in the initiative.
- Generate business cases (cost and benefit modeling) supporting proposed initiatives
- Support road mapping activities in assigned business areas
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Two + years in a business analyst or software product Quality Assurance role
- Screen mockup and prototyping experience
- A bachelor's degree in business, computer science, information systems, or a related field
- Experience with formal software development methodologies and processes are required.
- Experience in at least one IT discipline (such as technical architecture, solution architecture, network management, application development, middleware design, information analysis, database management or operations management) in a heterogeneous environment - or five years of experience in solution architecture, business analysis or business strategic planning
- Understanding of business process and data flows
- Understanding of system development or application development life cycle
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new consumer experiences (or business processes) and understand the technology requirements needed to support achieving revenue and profit goals
- Ability to be comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Strategic thinking skills to participate in planning, design, and policy development related to data management
- ITIL certification
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)
Capabilities, Knowledge and Skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint tools
- SQL Server; general knowledge of database design.
- Strong data analysis skills along with creative problem solving
- Strong collaborative skills to work across multiple stakeholder groups to translate business strategies, initiatives, goals and objectives into IT requirements
- Strong collaborative skills to work across multiple stakeholder groups to translate business strategies, initiatives, goals and objectives into data management proposals
- Strong presentation skills to effectively convey with both business and technical teams
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Ability to analyze project, program and portfolio needs, as well as to determine the resources needed to achieve objectives and overcome cross-functional barriers
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Understanding of network and security architecture
- Strong organizational skill to track all activities, information and artifacts related to an initiative and share this in an easy to use manner with stakeholders
- Ability to influence stakeholders to reach a conclusion or make decisions
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.