Number of Roles Available: 1
Purpose of the Job
- This position leads a team of accounting professionals and administrative employees at the Sodexo Financial Service Center located in Buffalo, NY. This position reports to the Director, Banking & Merchant Services (BKMS).
- This position is a key member of the BSC Finance and works in conjunction with Corporate Treasury, the Markets/Divisions and other BSC Departments to execute their business strategy and management in the areas of accounting and treasury.
- Works effectively in an environment of constant change by managing and integrating the accounting standards required to achieve compliance of Sodexo internal controls.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- 40% -Administration & Vendor Relationships
- Ensure timely and accurate establishment of banking, credit card and armored car services
- Maintain day to day relationships with banks, armored carriers and credit card processors in both US and Canada.
- Develop, track, and assist in achieving departmental KPM’s.
- 20% -Project/Process Improvement
- Provide project leadership in various initiatives to improve control, efficiencies and effectiveness that improve cost effectiveness.
- Provide on-going assessment of the banking environment. Make recommendations to improve the organization’s cash utilization. Identify and implement savings and planning initiatives, such as, but not limited to analyzing bank account usage and relationships, armored car fees, and bank service fees.
- 20% -Talent Development
- Recruit, develop, motivate and counsel employees to ensure that the overall goals of the functional area are consistently met. Demonstrate the ability to encourage teamwork and provide customer service within the area of responsibility, the Buffalo Shared Service Center, and field operations personnel.
- Train new and existing staff on departmental policies and procedures
- 10% -Customer Service
- Coordinate the on-boarding and customer service support for non-cash retail payment programs (“cashless”) including stored value cards, internet payments, mobile payments and other vending/loyalty programs.
- 10% -Credit Card Terminal Oversight
- Support the programming and deployment of stand-alone credit card terminals to Sodexo operating locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting, Finance or Business related)
- 5 years of experience in banking or accounting related field.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
Responsible for managing the general accounting and payroll functions by maintaining the ledger accounts, the operations of payroll tax and ensuring Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.