SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
Sources, selects and qualifies components to be used in Rockwell Aautomation's products
Works on issues of limited scope and applies engineering problem solving skills
- Provides technical guidance regarding the selection of components to RA's Businesses, Quality, Sourcing and Purchasing
- Investigates alternate components to improve quality / reliability, reduce costs and/or to maintain operational efficiencies
- Evaluates supplier changes
- Maintains component data management system for assigned commodities
- Familiar with a broad spectrum of electronic components
- Creates, maintains, and communicates technology roadmaps to stakeholders
- Assists in root cause failure analysis
- Where applicable (i.e. laboratory staff who generate, handle or dispose of hazardous or potentially hazardous waste(s) and laboratory staff who work near, around or have the potential to handle or come into contact with hazardous waste(s)), laboratory staff will appropriately handle, segregate and dispose of all hazardous wastes and potentially hazardous wastes. Hazardous waste duties will be performed in accordance with federal and state regulations, as well as Rockwell Automation Policies and Procedures. Hazardous wastes will be handled by staff only after appropriate training has been completed.
- Serves as Team Member on selected projects and cross-functional teams
- Serve as active Team Member on Supplier Management Reviews to promote continuous improvements in quality, delivery and value. May also participate in on-site technical surveys.
- Interfaces with customers to provide component expertise on complex matters to improve process and product quality, as well as decrease costs.
- Internal customers to include design / development engineers, Quality Staff, Sourcing and Purchasing Staff
- External customers to include suppliers, as well as end-users of RA products.
- Must possess ability to articulate detailed technical information, both written and orally, to the customer.
- Draws upon knowledge (formal training and experience) and communication skills to influence others and/or to facilitate resolution of component problems.
- Partners with customers and coordinates efforts to resolve problems in creative and effective way
- Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
- B. S. Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Experience with electronic components
- Familiarity with SAP or a similar data system
- Two years related experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
Operations & Engineering Services
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.