The MCC Development organization is continually expanding the IntelliCENTER portfolio, improving the integration to the Connected Enterprise, and driving significant customer value and product differentiation. Position to be a technology leader to evolve MCC SW products.
This role will be expected to:
- Perform complex software architecture planning activities which may require extensive research, analysis and coordination among multiple organizations.
- Take advantage of state of the art technologies, workflows, and development practices.
- Weave together existing product offerings thus requiring the ability to effectively work across business and geographical boundaries.
- Be involved in product and business level design and architecture decisions and is recognized as a central point for architectural guidance.
- Strong collaboration / negotiation relationships with other RA Bus (CVB, LVD, ICB, ISPB,...).
- Design and document of IC5K functionality, interfaces, data structures, workflows, and user experience.
- Develop IC5K feature / functionality roadmap with strong collaboration with product management.
- Work across Rockwell's technical community to define Technology Roadmaps and create solutions that drive market place differentiation.
- Establish and maintain peer relationships across all of Rockwell Automation's technical communities.
- Demonstrate openness to new ideas and is willing to work with other teams outside of this business.
- Partners with Product Management and other stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve the user experience.
- Identifies competitive threats and new technology that can be a differentiator in the market.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- 3+ years of technical leadership as subject matter expert.
- 8+ years of experience in a software product development environment.
- Proven track record in software architecture, design, and implementation.
- Strong experience designing and implementing enterprise level, scalable systems.
- Working knowledge of C#, .NET, HTML5, MVVM, SQL, Visual Studio, and with designing Windows software applications or similar technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and through others to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated self-starter capable of performing and making decisions in an ever changing environment.
- Working knowledge of Agile software development lifecycle using various technologies and development methodologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of architectural design.
- Strong technical communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience developing and presenting information to Leadership-level audiences.
- Technical risk identification and retirement strategies.
- Management of multiple priorities and stakeholder expectations.
- Continuous improvement and problem solving techniques.
- Customer (internal and external) relationship management skills.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- RA Studio 5000 products and architecture.
- Track record as technology change leader.
- Software development and architecture work on Cloud and Mobile platforms
- One or more of these technologies - High availability, performance and scalability, modern database architectures, highly automated test systems, rapid prototyping, demonstrable experience of taking concept to product, web technologies, security, data communication, and contemporary user interface technologies.
- Requirements Management and Life Cycle Management tools.
- Experience in Industrial Automation industry.
- Experience in building cross-platform web, cloud, and mobile applications.
- Experience in a high performing software development team environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in cross geographic teams.
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.