The MCC Development organization is continually expanding the IntelliCENTER portfolio, improving the integration to the Connected Enterprise, and driving significant customer value and product differentiation. Position to be a software developer to evolve MCC SW products.
This role will be expected to:
- Design windows based software interfaces for programming and commissioning industrial control components.
- Keep current on technical advances and competitive products related to the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Work as part of a team to accomplish development programs objectives, from proposing and evaluating design concepts through experimentation and prototype development, including engineering documentation.
- Provide engineering content to other department personnel for new and improved products.
- Help develop alternative technical solutions and design trade-offs on features versus development effort, performance, and simplicity of use.
- Develop and execute test plans.
- Assist in solving customer problems, operating in concert with more senior engineering staff.
- Maintain and learn new technological skills so that they may be appropriately applied in products or to development processes.
- Acquire a knowledge of the procedures and norms of the organization, as well as an appreciation of how tasks are accomplished.
- Develop, document, and test MCC SW functionality, interfaces, data structures, workflows, and user experience.
- Implement MCC SW feature / functionality with strong collaboration with other business units.
- Demonstrate openness to new ideas and is willing to work with other teams outside of this business.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- 3+ years of software product development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and through others to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated self-starter capable of performing in an Agile.
- Working knowledge of Agile software development lifecycle using various technologies and development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of C#, .NET, HTML5, MVVM, SQL, Visual Studio, and with designing Windows software applications or similar technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of coding best practices.
- Strong technical communication and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and problem solving mindset
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- RA Studio 5000 products and architecture
- Software development and architecture work on Cloud and Mobile platforms
- One or more of these technologies - High availability, performance and scalability, modern database architectures, highly automated test systems, rapid prototyping, demonstrable experience of taking concept to product, web technologies, security, data communication, and contemporary user interface technologies
- Requirements Management and Life Cycle Management tools
- Experience in Industrial Automation industry
- Experience in building cross-platform web, cloud, and mobile applications
- Experience in a high performing software development team environment
- Demonstrated experience working in cross geographic teams
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.