IT SERVICE-HELP DESK
Sidney NE - Corporate
Become a part of The World's Foremost Outfitter team. At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality, and value in our products and service. Live...Dream...Work the Adventure!
Cabela’s has an opportunity for an IT Service Desk Supervisor in our IT department. This position is located at our corporate office in Sidney, Nebraska .
It’s In Our Nature!
The Service Desk Supervisor maintains a high level of honesty, confidentiality, and independence. The Service Desk Supervisor, leading by example, is accountable for the daily delivery of efficient, effective, and positive customer experiences during service interactions with their team with a commitment to Cabela’s and IT Core Values. Supervisors also have responsibility for additional customer touch points such as email, ticket support, investigation, and resolution. The Supervisor is responsible for the performance of individual team members regarding the customer experience. This position drives outfitter performance and engagement by maintaining a positive work environment, scheduling, and delivering coaching and training information that enhance individual team member skills. Utilizes advanced customer relations knowledge, skills, and equipment to assist, advise and/or train other associates. Develops, assists, and completes special projects or research for members of the management team, utilizing all resources available to all the Cabela’s corporations. Serves as a liaison to other departments.
- Responsible for improving Outfitter performance through monitoring customer interactions and providing coaching feedback, and training ultimately focused on customer satisfaction and development of the Outfitter’s customer relationship skills. These sessions are delivered in both individualized and group presentations. Works with outfitters and customers to resolve customer dissatisfaction through the use of negotiation and problem-solving skills resulting in increased positive interactions with IT.
- Develop, maintain, and promote a high level of engagement and retention through teamwork, recognition of top performers, and modeling of Cabela’s and IT core values. Conducts one-on-one sessions with assigned staff with the goal of guiding performance, setting and monitoring goals, and prepares Outfitters for the next level in the career path ensuring skill growth and opportunities for the Outfitter. Conducts annual performance appraisals and PIP as needed and issues appropriate discipline following established guidelines.
- Plans and executes productive workflow by assuring Outfitters understand scheduling policies, including adherence. Ensures exceptions are reported appropriately.
- Participate in developing and executing changes in business practices and operations around Service Desk support functions. Identify opportunities for changes or enhancements, define and execute relevant decisions and modify documentation and systems as appropriate in partnership with stakeholders. Participate in calibration activities to drive consistent performance expectations.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders from other business units through effective communication and collaborative decision making. Participate in business projects and activities, make decisions on behalf of the IT Services and ensure communication to business unit stakeholders.
- Create and deliver reporting around Service Desk operations including labor, performance, customer experience, and compliance. Gather relevant data, create user-friendly formats, ensure the creation and sustainable delivery of reports and drive accuracy so stakeholders can take action as needed. Participate in reviewing, updating and maintaining SOPs, SharePoint, processes, and other relevant documentation. Facilitate periodic meetings to discuss performance and provide coaching as needed.
- Answer internal customer inquiries and resolve outstanding issues within established departmental SLA guidelines. Consistently demonstrates enthusiasm, patience, and understanding.
- Provide support for applications, wide area network, local area network, hardware, VPN, Retail, and Telephony functions within security guidelines. Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 2 to 4+ years relevant experience required.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.